Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure that your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted.
A death can be emotionally devastating and financially burdensome. Taking a little time to prepare now while you can explore funeral options and flexible payment plans will reduce the stress on your family at a very difficult time. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family. Whether for you or for someone else that you care about, contact us so we can get you started.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable.
What you can do in advance…
- Some Examples Include:
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Select what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- A great many important decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning provides you and your loved ones peace of mind and ensures that your wishes are documented.
- At Campbell's Funeral Home, you may either meet Erin or Shawn in the office or at your home to discuss the many choices and decisions that need to be addressed. They can also provide with an information booklet to take home and fill out at your leisure. Final decisions are fully documented with a copy prepared for the family as well as kept on file at the funeral home.